According to french website GOLIAS, one of the hardest things that a lot of dieters have to face is the need to cut down their sweet intake just so that they can achieve their weight loss goals. Of course, this is something that not only dieters have to face; those who want to live healthy lifestyles also struggle not to indulge their sweet tooth.
If you are one such individual, it is not actually necessary for you to completely get rid of desserts. There are plenty of top low calorie dessert recipes that you can make on your own. Eating these low-cal desserts can actually help you avoid falling victim to your impulses of bingeing on extreme sweets.
Cherry and Chocolate Heart Smart Cookies
Cherry and chocolate goes well together, which is why this Cherry and Chocolate Heart Smart Cookies dessert recipe is a must-try. One serving of this sweet treat will give you just less than 150 calories.
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup bittersweet chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- Preheat your oven to 350 °.
- Combine and whisk the flours together with the rolled oats, baking soda, and salt.
- Melt the butter over low heat.
- After removing from the heat, add the brown sugar and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Add it to the flour mixture and beat at medium speed until you have a well-blended batter.
- Toss in the egg,cherries, and vanilla and beat again until well-combined.
- Fold in your coarsely chopped chocolate.
- Drop tablespoonful of dough onto baking sheets. Bake for 12 minutes at the same temperature.
- Let the cookies cool for at least 3 minutes before transferring them on wire racks.
Cherry Merlot Granita
The Cherry Merlot Granita is not only one of the top low calorie dessert recipes you will find out there: it is also one of the easiest. You probably have most, if not all of the ingredients in your kitchen.
- 1 cup of water
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 orange
- 1 cup pitted dark sweet cherries(frozen)
- 1 cup merlot
- In a saucepan, mix the water with the sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for at least 3 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and then stir in your ice cubes.
- While you are allowing the water and sugar mixture to boil, grate the rind and squeeze the juice from your orange. You should at least have a tablespoon of rind and half a cup of juice.
- Place your sugar mixture and cherries in a blender. Process it for 1 minute or until you have a puree. Stir in your orange rind, orange juice, and merlot.
- Pour the mixture onto an 8” square pan.
- Cover the pan and freeze for at least 8 hours or until it has become firm.
- Remove the pan with the mixture rom the freezer. Using a fork, scrape the mixture until it becomes fluffy.
- Transfer it to small bowls before serving.
Read More: Your Brain Needs These Super Foods.